By clicking “submit,” you indicate your acceptance of the following:
1. Rules. You acknowledge that you have been furnished with a copy of the rules and regulations and are familiar with same, and agree to be governed thereby.
2. Participation. You are not required to participate in the Event. If you elect to participate, you shall abide by the terms of this agreement and shall use your best athletic efforts while competing.
3. Waiver and Release. In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Wakeboard Tour (the “Event”), you hereby, for yourself, your heirs successors and assigns: (1) agree that prior to participating, you will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, including your own equipment, and if you believes anything is unsafe, you will immediately advise your coach or supervisor and a tournament official, in writing, of such condition(s) and refuse to participate; (2) acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from your own action, inaction or negligence, but also from the action, inaction or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used; (3) acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to the Wakeboard Tour, Bonnier Corporation, World Publications LLC, or World Sports & Marketing LLC (the “Organizers”), or not reasonably foreseeable at this time; (4) assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death; (5) release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue and agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Organizers, their affiliated clubs or other affiliated organizations, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, coaches, and employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, the national/international governing bodies of each participating division, the tournament officials and, if applicable, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the Event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as "Releasees", from any and all liability to you, your heirs, relatives and friends for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages including, but not limited to, injury to person, death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise; (6) authorize the Organizers to seek on your behalf all reasonable medical and surgical care that might be necessary if you are unable to authorize such care yourself as a result of some injury; (7) grant to the Organizers the non-exclusive right to use your name, voice and likeness in any photographs, television or motion pictures taken of you during the Event or related activities, for the limited purposes of Event promotion, advertisement, broadcast, and news reporting; (8) agree that the Organizers have the right to control or prohibit advertising material used, worn, or displayed by you at the site during the Event. You agree that the Organizers reserve the right to disqualify you and to refuse to allow you to compete in the Event for any reason the Organizers deem just and proper, and in such Event you will be entitled to the return of your entry fee and no further compensation or remedy. This waiver and release shall survive the termination of this agreement.
4. Laws. This agreement has been executed pursuant to the laws of the State of Florida and shall be construed in accordance with those laws, above all others.
5. READ BEFORE ASSENT. In assenting to this agreement, you acknowledge and represent that you have read this agreement, understand it, and indicate your assent to these terms voluntarily. You represent and warrant that you are legally authorized to assent to this agreement and and that you are over eighteen (18) years of age and of sound mind.
6. Electronic agreement. This agreement shall be effective when assent is indicated electronically or in counterpart, and a photocopy, facsimile, electronic or other copy shall have the same effect for all purposes as an ink-signed original.